Thursday, 17 May 2012

Tutorial on how to turn off word verification and make a Pop-up Window

Hi folks

today I wanna show you how to turn off word verification and how to make a pop-up window for comments. As you all know it is pretty annoying to type all the silly letters which no one can read and it takes so much of our precious time! If you are scared of being spammed all the times I can assure you that I don't get much spam, but you can also use the possibility to have your comments moderated (sorry for my English, I know it's crap sometimes...I hope you all understand what I mean...if not: pls. feel free to e-mail me any time).

Also some blogs are so heavily loaded with stuff (heavy blog outfit, blog-header or tons of piccies in the sidebar) that it takes AGES to load them. And when they have no pop-up window for commenting and you want to comment more than one card (like me for instance, I always comment in stages LOL), then it really drives me crazy to load the site new after commenting the first card. Do you know what I mean?

So I created a tutorial for all those who do not know how to turn off word verification and I also beg you on my knees to make a pop-up window! If you are not sure if you have one, just try to comment your own card, you will then find out!

to make the piccies bigger, click on them!

Hallo ihr Lieben

Heute möchte ich euch eine kleine Anleitung geben, wie man die Sicherheitsabfrage beim Kommentarfeld ausschaltet und wie man auch ein sogenanntes Pop-up Fenster einrichten kann. Wir alle kennen das, dass es ziemlich ärgerlich sein kann, wenn man diese total unleserlichen Buchstaben eintippen muss und es braucht einfach haufenweise Zeit, das zu machen. Falls ihr Angst habt, dass ihr dann immer Spam bekommt, so kann ich euch beruhigen, ich habe selten Spam (und wenn, dann sind sie harmlos und man kann den Kommentar ja löschen). Es gibt aber immer noch die Möglichkeit, die Kommentare erst freizuschalten, sogenannte Kommentarmoderation.

Einige Blogs sind auch enorm vollgepackt mit Blog-Header, speziellem Layout und tonnenweise Bilder in der Seitenleiste und es dauert Ewigkeiten, bis die geladen sind. Wenn man dann also mehr wie nur eine Karte kommentieren will (so wie ich, ich kommentiere meist aus Zeitmangel immer in Etappen *lach*), dann nervt es extrem, wenn man nach jeder Karte, die man kommentiert hat, die schwere Seite wieder erneut laden muss, damit man zur nächsten gelangen kann. Aus diesem Grund bete ich euch auf Knien an: macht ein Pop-up Fenster, dann muss man nicht immer wieder die Seite neu laden! Wenn ihr nicht wisst, ob ihr so ein Pop-up Fenster habt (so wie bei mir, wenn man kommentiert), dann versucht mal bei euch auf dem Blog eure eigene Karte zu kommentieren, ihr werdet es gleich rausfinden!

Für eine vergrösserte Ansicht der Fotos bitte einfach draufklicken!


Step 1 (so sorry that it is in German only) / Schritt 1
go to Design when logged in / geh zu "Design" wenn du eingeloggt bist

***********************************************************

Step 2 / Schritt 2
go to "Set up" (or at least I think it's called set-up) / geh zu Einstellungen

***********************************************************

Step 3 / Schritt 3

go to "posts and comments" (or at least I think it's called this) and there you can choose "pop-up wondow" at the comment position (hope the piccies help you, I have no clue what the English words are for these set-ups) / geh zu "Posts und Kommentare" und dort kannst du bei der Kommentarposition die Auswahl "Pop-up Fenster" auswählen

***********************************************************

Step 4 / Schritt 4


Word Verification: NO!!! / Sicherheitsabfrage: Nein!!!

Hope it was some help for you and that you all will do this. Please feel free to grab this tutorial to share on your blog (but it would be nice if you'd mentioned that it's from me and make a backlink to my blog).

Ich hoffe, ich konnte euch ein wenig helfen und dass ihr das alle macht. Ihr könnt auch gerne diese Anleitung mopsen und auf euren Blogs veröffentlichen, aber es wäre nett, wenn ihr sie nicht als eure eigene Anleitung ausgibt und eine Verlinkung zu mir macht.

Many thanks and happy holiday (to those who have a holiday today)!
Vielen Dank und einen schönen Feiertag (jedenfalls jenen, die einen haben...)!

Alessandra

22 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Well... thank you lovely. I have now got a pop-up window ;)
And well done for doing this tutorial,
word verification drives us all mad! xxx
I have also bought a new elbow, and I am hoping it's better than the last one!!
love, melly. xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Great tutorial and high time, as I totally agree with you, it takes ages to leave a comment and if one are a follower of 300+ lovely bloggers and want to leave a comment on every post made - its so frustrating.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Aunty Sue said...

Yes I can never get the word correct and takes ages thanks for showing

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely, the butterflies are a Tim Holtz stamp, from the ATTIC TREASURES set.
Enjoy cleaning out the bunnies house!!
But they will be happy to have a nice clean home :))
xx

Sonia said...

Thanks Alessandra,this week
I removed the word verification that I hate and I thought I had already removed and now I have the pop-up window after reading your post useful.Thanks :)
Big big hug,
Sonia

Justmenadine said...

die idee ist nicht schlecht, da hast du recht aber es gibt leider auch blogs wo das öffnen des fensters ewig braucht und es tausend mal abstürzt...das kommentieren auf meinem blog hat gerade ganze 6 sek gedauert *gg*

xoxo nadine

Isha Gupta said...

Superb idea Alessandra!!

Lotta said...

Hi Alessandra! I didn´t think about the no pop up window. I think I have it now. :)
Oh and I love the pop up windows, I usually drag it up so it is beside the card or project, it is handy to see the thing you comment when writing. Thank you sweetie! hugs Sandra

Unknown said...

Und da hast du völlig recht Alessandra! Ich habe das auch schon vom Anfang so eingestellt und fast gar keine Spamprobleme (und wenn ja, schmeißt man die doch einfach raus). LG, Ira

Doreen said...

Na ich hoffe, dass diesen Post eine Menge Leute lesen ;))))
Einen schönen abend und liebe Grüße in die Schweiz
glg
Doreen

June Nelson said...

Thanks for that me darlin on behalf of everyone, I already have a box or I hope I do lol!!! I comment on loads and loads and loads of blogs and it takes ages with those daft words, cos I hate having to prove that I am not arobot!! indeed I wish I was at times, eeh wouldnt life be fun when you had an ache or pain just oil or or get a new part he he, loves ya lots mrs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cinni said...

Huhu,

ich finde gerade die Pop-Ups total nervig ;-)

Aber mit den doofen Codes gehe ich mit. Die nerven einfach und ich habe mir vorgenommen, nie niemals nicht mehr da zu kommentieren,auch wenn die Karten noch so toll sind.

LG Cinni

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Alessandra you read my mind, I was only thinking the other that I must find out where to change to a Pop up window for my comments.
Thank you so much, that really helped, you're a star.
All the best Linda xx

Tina said...

Hallo Alessandra,
Stimmt die Sicherheitsabfrage ist auch total nervig. Wenn man denn alles lesen könnte ginge es ja noch aber wenn man 3 x versucht zu kommentieren vergeht einem die Lust. Ich habe meine Blog schon lange von diesem unnötigen Mist befreit. Da ich jeden Kommentar freigebe ist es ein leichtes den Spam rauszuhalten.

LG Tina

Melanie-Jane said...

Liebi Ale,

Möchti dir ganz härzlech Dank fürs verlinke vom mim Candy ♥ Das isch so lieb vo dir. Bi au grad dran dis Candy bi mir z'verlinke. Bi gar ned uf die Idee cho. Aber me muess ja ned immer mitmache u cha trotzdem Candies vo liebe Fründinen verlinke. Sorry, dass i ned ehr dra denkt ha.
Cha spitze ned so guet uf minä Charte awende. Würd auso ned wüsse was damit a z'fange. Aber versproche i verlinkes sofort ;)
Unglaublech wieviel da scho mitgmacht hei. Du hesch a riesä Fan-Gmeind. Zu recht, du häsch tolli Kreationä.
Liebs Grüessli und ganz es schöns Week-end
Melanie-Jane

Nina said...

hihihi...so guet...super Aleitig, bella!!! Hoff, es macheds es paar, wär scho en Erliechterig.
Mille baci
Nina

Kirsty said...

Go Girl you tell them !! Great idea as It is a pain ! ;0)

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Ja, ich hoffe auch, dass sich das viele zu Herzen nehmen...ich habe es auch schon lange bei mir geändert, denn es nervt ja doch sehr....

Danke für deine ganz Mühe und die tolle Anleitung!

Wünsche dir einen schönn Samstag, sei lieb gegrüßt von Andrea

Corrinne said...

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you for doing this! I visit many people & there is nothing more annoying or time consuming than word verification! I also recently changed my posts to the popup as well. I love it on other blogs, so why not have it on my own!

I would enjoy seeing you at Tuesday Alchemy: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com - You still have time to join in the fun :)

Happiness,
Corrinne

PS - I'd love for you to join me for Jewelry Joy, a celebration of the art of jewelry, on my blog starting tomorrow.

Unknown said...

hiya HRH...hoovering royal highness...lol!!...think its a fab thing you have done on the tut as i end up putting random words in hoping that one will be right...and im not a robot im just sassy...i hate it and dooooooh!!! everytime i hit one...cheers for the visit to my blog and the lace was from you(cant stop looking at it all)..and thats what ended up on my card with the rasberry colours bit...yes am in love with the cuties at lotv...but in the throws are painting a sugar nellie...loads of hugs i pledge my attendance at all your blogging sessions hugglies & love sassyxxxxxx

Stampers Delights said...

Thank you so much this is very helpful love Janice XXXX

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

ja....diese tolle Anleitungen habe ich von Dir auch mal bekommen.....

GLG
Bella